A very good Site

Let's have your memories and nostalgia here. What was it like growing up, your hop picking and your 'skool daze' and what experiences you had in the East End, happy or sad.

Moderator: ladyDeWint

A very good Site

Postby tabbynera » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm

As most know, I am a blogger. Just a hobby of mine, but I also like to visit other blogging sites. It is hard work, needs concentration and time. For this reason I also visit other sites belonging to colleagues. And now I just wanted to say that if you really want to know more about the East End, Lady deWint has set up a very good site in Blogger. She has a link on her postings, but I just wanted to mention it here as sometimes these things are taken for granted or overlooked. I often have a read there myself. Here is the link

Just a few bits and bobs

Just finished reading Under The Dome by Stephen King and now reading The Ghost in my Bedroom by Heather Jones
tabbynera
Famous nagger
Famous nagger

Re: A very good Site

Postby Grundle » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 am

I agree Tabby. I find milady's site Q.I. as I do yours too. However, that Flangiprop thing is obviously some sort of pump for drying out flooded cellars in Edward Lear's house. :-)
Ask yourself why, then post the answer.
Grundle
Well known nagger
Well known nagger

Postby tabbynera » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 am

Thanks for reading my Flangiprop challenge. The photo is a pump we had in our hobby room after we were flooded which I played with a bit in my photo programme. We had to rip out the carpet and then holes were bored into the concrete. The pump was operating for two weeks to drain out the water that had seeped into the floor. The room was sort of floating on a mini sea. Just for the record, we have at last had the room redone and a new floor put in last week. The complete cellar was flooded, not only our part. Now at last a proper drainage has been made and the rainwater and melting snow goes into the garage drain. This is the room how it now looks.

Just finished reading Under The Dome by Stephen King and now reading The Ghost in my Bedroom by Heather Jones
tabbynera
Famous nagger
Famous nagger

Postby ladyDeWint » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you Tabby, what a nice thing to say.
ImageImage
ladyDeWint
Admin assist.
Admin assist.

Return to East End memories and nostalgia.